How to Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console (GSC)
In this article, we are gonna make you understand what really is Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tool and also show you How to Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tool.
What is Google Search Console (Google Webmaster Tool)
The first vital step in optimizing your WordPress Website for search engines is explained is the focus of this article: How to Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tool. And this tool (Google Search Console) offers more of the following free packages:
- Submit your website to Google Search Console
- Analysis of how the search engine keep indexing a website
- Control crawling and indexing of the website
- Find broken links to the website
- A lot of options for Technical SEO
Often times, many of our readers ask us for SEO Tips and the ways to increase organic search traffic on their websites from the likes of Search Engines like Google and Bing. Refer to 11 Best Ways to Improve Your Website SEO Ranking in 2019.
Using Google Webmaster Tool together with alternative tips that we’ve got provided is a huge help.
Google Search Console is majorly the communication gateway between a website, it`s owner and Google. If anything goes wrong about your website like Google not been able to crawl it, or someone files a DMCA complaint against a domain that you own, you`ll be notified through Google Search Console.
Getting Started With Google Search Console
To get started with Google Search Console, you need to add your domain name and claim or prove that you own it. This is simple, and Google offers multiple options to let you do that.
How to Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console (GSC) or Google Webmaster Tool (GWT)
- Go to Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tool Official Homepage and login or sign in with the Gmail (Google Mail) associated with your website.
- After signing in, From the top left-hand side, click the Drop Down Arrow
- Once the list of items open, Click + Add Property
- On the left one as marked from the image above (Under Domain New) enter your domain name. This Selected property method will automatically add all your sub-domain, HTTP and HTTPs type as well.
- On the next screen, you need to verify the ownership of your website or the domain name that you’re adding. You can either upload or transfer a hypertext markup language (HTML) file to your website’s root directory using FTP or click on Alternate technique like by editing your DNS that is to get a meta tag that you can then add to your WordPress site.
Pro Tip on How to Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console
If you have not done it or not at ease doing it, then use the URL prefix type which offers more ways to verify the domains.
However, DNS verification is as simple and easy to deal with as updating the nameserver. Depending upon the technique you decide to use, once you have verified domain ownership, you will be able to start using the Google Search Console.
Google starts recording your website data or information as soon as yo
How to Add Meta Tag to your Website
- First and easy thing to do is to add the meta tag to your website by installing and activating a WordPress Plugin called Insert Headers and Footers Plugin. See our guide on How to Install WordPress Plugins.
- Copy the meta tag line provided by webmaster tools which just look like the format below:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="VerificationKeyCode" />
- Head to your WordPress Dashboard and Hover on Settings
- Click Insert Headers and Footers Plugin then paste the meta tag line into the empty header field provided.
- Click Save your changes and return to Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tool
- Finally, Click on Verify site button.
Using Alternative Method
If you’re using WordPress SEO plugin, then follow the steps below.
- Copy the verification key specified in the content part of the meta tag and drop or paste it in WordPress SEO plugin.
- Hover to SEO from your WordPress admin sidebar and scroll all the way down to webmaster tools section to paste the Unique given key within the Google Webmaster Tool field.
- Click to Save your changes and return to Google Webmaster Tool web site
- Click Verify your web site.
As soon as you Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console successfully, add your site XML sitemap. Then it`s now time to sit back and relax because it may take a while for Google to display your site data.
That’s all you need to do to Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tool. Once your data starts coming in, you can use it to your advantage.
We hope that you found this article on How to Add Your WordPress Site to Google Search Console useful. Do follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for more update and tutorials. For questions and feedback regarding this article please leave a comment below.